_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
What I hear, I hear, What I see, I remember, What I do, I understand
This philosophy guides me to begin this Art Blog to give to my visitors the chance to see, at a glance, the art culture of different artists from different countries through their art works with the purpose to entertain, educating the mind and stir the heart
Painting, illustration, photography, design, music, film, architecture etc shall be here
Welcome
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

28 de janeiro de 2018

ALICE NEEL
18 January 1900, Gladwyne, USA
13 October 1984, New York, USA
She graduated from Philadelphia School of Design in 1925.
One year before she met the Cuban painter Carlos Enriquez and they married.
Then they moved to Havana, in Cuba and they both exhibited in the XII Salon des Bellas Artes.
10 years later they divorced and she moved to the Spanish Harlem and began painting her neighbours.
She lived with the communist intellectual Sam Brody and her second son was born in 1941.
The American Academy and the Institute of Arts and Letters elected her in 1976. Also in 1979 she was awarded by the President Jimmy Carter.



Linda Nochlin and Daisy


Richard Gibbas, 1968


"Bather with red hat"


The Family John Gruen, Jane Wilson and Julia, 1970


José Santiago Negron


 "Girl with a cat"


Cindy and Chuck, 1975


Young woman, 1946


The Spanish family, 1943


Mother and child, 1962


George Arce, 1952


"Relief cut", 1950, ink on paper


My mother, 1946


Alice Neel and his husband Carlos Enriquez

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário