_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
What I hear, I hear, What I see, I remember, What I do, I understand
This philosophy guides me to begin this Art Blog to give to my visitors the chance to see, at a glance, the art culture of different artists from different countries through their art works with the purpose to entertain, educating the mind and stir the heart
Painting, illustration, photography, design, music, film, architecture etc shall be here
Welcome
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

29 de abril de 2017

KERRY JAMES MARSHALL
Born 1955 in Jim Crow, Birmingham, Alabama, USA.
Moved with his family at age 8 to the South Los Angeles.
Marshall examined the historical absence of the black figure in the tradition of painting and his art is the good answer to that.
Moved to Chicago in 1987 where he continues to explore African-American history with paintings and also with photography and sculpture.

"the lost boys", 1993


"lovers",  2015



"club couple",  2014,  acrylic on PVC panel



"past times", 1997



"slow dance", 1992,  acrylic and collage on canvas



"study for the painter", 2015



"could this be love", 2008



woodcut



"destyle barber shop"



"playground ", 
2015



"school of culture",  2012



in memory of Beryl Wright,  2009


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário