_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
What I hear, I hear, What I see, I remember, What I do, I understand
This philosophy guides me to begin this Art Blog to give to my visitors the chance to see, at a glance, the art culture of different artists from different countries through their art works with the purpose to entertain, educating the mind and stir the heart
Painting, illustration, photography, design, music, film, architecture etc shall be here
Welcome
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

27 de maio de 2018

GEORGES ROUAULT
25 May 1871 - 13 February 1958, Paris, France
Very young boy he began working in stained-glass and during that period he attended evening classes at the School of Fine Arts.
In 1891 studied at the École des Beaux-Arts where he had his great chance to learn and meet great  Fauve artists.
In 1929 he designed some scenery for Diaghilev's ballet company. 
But he returned to painting and, during a certain time, he used religious themes almost exclusively.
In 1948 he visited Italy. At that time he designed some windows for the church at Assy.
I prefer his series of clowns, pierrots and prostitutes painted with vigourous lines and powerfull colours.
The last years of his life were clouded by a long illness.



"Odalisque",  1906


"In front of the mirror"


"Circus trio"


"Pierrot aristocrate"


"The three clowns", 1928


"The Clown", 1907

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário