_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
What I hear, I hear, What I see, I remember, What I do, I understand
This philosophy guides me to begin this Art Blog to give to my visitors the chance to see, at a glance, the art culture of different artists from different countries through their art works with the purpose to entertain, educating the mind and stir the heart
Painting, illustration, photography, design, music, film, architecture etc shall be here
Welcome
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

31 de outubro de 2016

GÉZA FARAGÓ
(1877-1928)
Born in Budapest, Hungary.
He was a painter, illustrator, cartoonist, theatrical costume designer and poster artist.
He worked as a theather designer in the Budapest Operetta Theatre during several years before going to live in Paris.
There he studied at the École des Arts Décoratifs but, to afford that, he had to work in a textile factory.
After the french experience of five years he returned to Budapest and, during the war, he worked designing propaganda posters.
His style is close to Mucha's using strong decorative contour lines and colored patches. But he was also influenced by the French Nabis style of painting.
He is one of the greatest master of the Hungarian poster art.


"slim woman with a cat".  1913

"karikatúra"


"reception 1910's"

"portrait of a woman",  1903
poster, 1910 

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário